For a worry-free ticket purchase, you may opt into the SecureMyBooking Ticket Refund Program to obtain a refund should you be unable to make it to your event for the reasons set out in the Program.
From traffic delays, illness, adverse weather conditions, strikes, accidents and more, it’s easy for you to apply for a refund. For just a fraction of the cost of your tickets, you will be able to recoup 100% of the paid ticket price (including fulfilment and administration fees) if you are unable to make it to your event for one or more of the reasons set out in the Program.
BOOKING REFUND PROTECTION IS AN OPTIONAL SERVICE OFFERED BY THE BOOKING VENDOR AND ADMINISTERED BY SECURE MY BOOKING ON THEIR BEHALF. IT IS NOT AN INSURANCE POLICY.
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) FAQ
What is covered for tickets purchased after 1st February 2021?
What is not covered?
- Confirmed infection resulting in the Ticket Holder(s) inability to attend the Event if the Event has not been Cancelled
- Death of the Ticket Holder(s) or a Dependant from the virus
- The Ticket Holder(s) have been ordered to self-isolate by a government department or a health service provider (evidence must be provided)
- The inability of the Ticket Holder(s) to attend an Event due to a government-mandated travel ban in your home region/country being implemented after you purchased the ticket(s) preventing the Ticket Holder(s) attending the Venue.
- The fear of attending an Event due to any perceived fear of contracting the virus
- Self-isolation which has not been ordered by a government department or a health service provider
- Refunds for an Event cancelled by the Venue or ticket Seller
- Tickets purchased before the 14th May 2020
What am I covered for?
We will provide a refund of the amount paid by Customer(s) for tickets to an Event should Ticket Holder(s) be unable to attend, or arrive late at the Event such that they are unable to utilise the ticket(s), solely as a direct result of:
- Incapacity of the Ticket Holder(s) through Accident, Bodily Injury or Sickness first commencing prior to the
- Incapacity of a Dependent through Accident, Bodily Injury or Sickness first commencing prior to the Event necessitating the support of the Ticket Holder(s).
- Adverse weather, including snow, fog, frost or storm preventing attendance at the Venue.
- Travel Delay due to a cause outside of the control of each of the Ticket Holder(s) that solely and directly prevents the Ticket Holder(s) continued transit to the
- Death of the Ticket Holder(s) or a member of their Immediate Family within thirty days prior to the date of the Event.
- Restricted access to the Venue caused by Flood, Fire, Explosion, or through the act of a constituted authority to protect Public Health and Safety.
- Strikes, Riots, Civil Commotion, Martial Law, Terrorism, Volcanic Ash Event, National Mourning.
- The Ticket Holder(s) inability to attend due to being a member of the armed forces who is unexpectedly called to duty.
- The unavoidable requirement for the Ticket Holder(s) to remain at home due to serious damage to the Ticket Holder(s) home or place of business caused by fire, aircraft, explosion, storm, flood, subsidence, earthquake, falling trees, burst pipes, lightning, malicious persons or theft.
- The unavoidable requirement of the Ticket Holder(s) to perform Jury Service where the Jury Summons was first received by the Ticket Holder(s) after the date of ticket purchase.
- Travel Delay preventing the Fulfilment Company employed being able to achieve the timely delivery of the Ticket Holder(s) tickets due to Strikes, Riots, Civil Commotion, Martial Law, Terrorism, Volcanic Ash Event, National Mourning.
- Travel Delay the Ticket Holder(s) collecting their tickets from either the venue or a designated collection point.
- The Ticket Holder(s) being summoned to appear at court proceedings as a witness where the witness summons was first received by the Ticket Holder(s) after the date of ticket purchase.
- The Ticket Holder(s) being relocated for work more than 100 miles from the Venue which you were unaware of at the time of booking or you are unexpectedly made compulsorily redundant.
Apply for a Refund
Claims should be submitted online within sixty (60) days of the incident. However, we should point out that the reimbursement programme covers a list of circumstances in which you may apply for a refund and we are unable to consider any circumstances that are not listed.
You may be asked to provide any of the following when making a reimbursement claim:
- Doctor’s certificate or hospital letter confirming the dates and nature of your incapacity/illness. You can use our quick and easy form by downloading here
- A copy of the death certificate
- Evidence such as an official police report, insurance claim for vehicle damage, report from a roadside assistance service or a repair invoice. Confirmation of a delay from a public transport provider which details the cause, date and extent of a delay.
- Copy of your summons for jury service.
- Weblinks from a reputable national news outlet detailing the circumstances of the refund application.
- Written evidence issued by an independent authority that supports the circumstances of the application. Confirmation from the Venue of the restricted access or closure.
- Confirmation from the Meteorological Office detailing the adverse weather, weblinks from a reputable national news outlet.
- A buildings insurer / loss adjuster’s report or report from the emergency services clarifying the nature and extent of the damage.
- Evidence of your prior engagement. confirmation of the cancellation, abandonment, postponement or relocation of the Event.
- Official Armed Forces document.
- Any reasonable additional evidence you are asked for.
Make a Refund Application
What am I not covered for?
This ticket reimbursement program does not cover any application directly or indirectly arising out of, or contributed to by, or resulting from:
- The Ticket Holder(s) lack of care, diligence or prudent behaviour.
- The Ticket Holder(s) failing to observe and comply with the requirements of any law, ordinance, court or regulatory body of whatever jurisdiction.
- Refunds for an Event cancelled by the Venue or The Seller
- Reimbursement of the ticket protection fee charged by The Seller
- Inability to gain or maintain a Visa in the country the event is scheduled to take place, howsoever caused.
- Any fraud, misrepresentation or concealment by the Ticket Holder(s).
- Any financial failure of or financial default by anyone.
- Lack of or inadequate receipts or sales for the Event.
- Variations in the rate of exchange, rate of interest or stability of any currency.
- Non-Appearance of any Participant.
- Death, Bodily Injury or Sickness of the Ticket Holder(s) directly or indirectly caused by or resulting from: suicide or intentional self-injury or criminal act committed by the Ticket Holder(s).
- Failure of the Ticket Holder in the event of Bodily Injury or Sickness to consult a duly qualified medical practitioner and comply with the medical advice given thus causing a loss in whole or part under this Ticket Reimbursement Program.
- Actual or threatened War, invasion, act of foreign enemies, hostilities (whether war be declared or not), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, military or usurped power, confiscation, nationalisation, requisition or destruction of or damage to property by or under order of any government or public or local authority.
- Loss or damage caused in whole or part by ionising radiations or contamination by radioactivity from any nuclear fuel or from any nuclear waste from the combustion of nuclear fuel, the radioactive, toxic, explosive or other hazardous properties of any explosive nuclear assembly or nuclear component thereof, nuclear reaction, nuclear radiation or radioactive contamination.
- Seizure or destruction under quarantine or customs regulations, confiscation, nationalisation or requisition or destruction of or damage to property, by or under the order of any government or public or local authority, or the handling of contraband or the engaging in illicit trade or transportation.
- Seepage and/or pollution and/or contamination unless it is discovered after the purchase of the Secure My Booking Ticket Reimbursement Program and is a direct cause of a covered loss.
- The actual or threatened malicious use of pathogenic or poisonous biological or chemical materials regardless of any other cause or event contributing, concurrently or in any other sequence, thereto.
Important Program Conditions
- Any fraud, misstatement or concealment or negligent statement in the information provided in the making of a reimbursement application shall render the application voidable by Secure My Booking.
- The Ticket Holder(s) shall at all times take all reasonable care and measures to avoid or diminish a loss under this Ticket Reimbursement Program.
- Any and all refund payments due under the terms and conditions of this Ticket Reimbursement Program may be made payable to a third party(s) as directed by the Customer. Payment of such refunds shall be a sufficient and complete discharge of all of the obligations to the Customer and/or Ticket Holder(s) in connection with said reimbursement application(s).
- The Secure My Booking Ticket Reimbursement Program is to be governed by and construed in accordance with the Laws of England whose courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
The following words or phrases have the meaning shown below wherever they appear in bold:
- Abandonment or Abandoned means the inability to complete more than 50% of the Event once commenced.
- Accident means a sudden, unexpected and unintended, specific event which occurs at an identifiable time and place.
- Bodily Injury means an identifiable physical injury, including illness resulting from such injury, which is caused by an Accident occurring after the ticket was purchased.
- Customer means a person who purchases a ticket from The Seller and who has subscribed to the Secure My Booking Ticket Reimbursement Program on their own behalf and/or on behalf of others in respect of that ticket.
- Dependent means a person(s) who cohabits with the Ticket Holder(s) and is reliant on the support of the Ticket Holder(s).
- Event means the particular performance for which the ticket was purchased.
- Fulfilment Company means a recognised delivery service company contracted to deliver the tickets for an event to the Customer.
- Immediate Family means the mother, father, mother in-law, father in-law, stepmother, stepfather, sister, brother, child, spouse, civil partner or co-habitee (and their children) and civil law partner, grandparent, legal guardians, foster parents provided that such person(s) are subject to exclusions the Ticket Holder(s) lack of care, diligence or prudent behaviour or the Ticket Holder(s) failing to observe and comply with the requirements of any law, ordinance, court or regulatory body of whatever jurisdiction.
- National Mourning means Cancellation, Abandonment, Postponement or Relocation of the Event caused by any period of mourning declared by the Government or Monarchy of the country in which the Event is due to take place.
- Non-Appearance means any loss in consequence of the Cancellation or Abandonment of the Event arising directly or indirectly from the death, accident, or illness, or travel delay of the Participant.
- Participant means any party, including without limitation, any act, artist, celebrity, sports or other person(s) billed to appear or perform at the Event or any provider of technical services, who is contracted to perform a function critical to successful fulfilment of the Event.
- Redundancy means the unexpected termination of employment of the Ticket Holder(s) within 60 days of the Event
- Relocation of the Ticket Holder(s) through the enforced move away from their residence by at least 100 miles caused by the required relocation of their full-time employment within 60 days of the Event.
- Relocation or Relocated means the unavoidable removal of the Event to another location.
- Sickness means an illness which is sufficiently debilitating to prohibit safe movement of the Ticket Holder concerned and their ability to travel.
- Terrorism means an unlawful act including but not limited to the use of force or violence and / or the threat thereof, by any person(s) acting individually or on behalf of or in connection with any organisation(s) or government(s) committed for political, religious, ideological or similar purposes including the intention to influence any government and / or to put the public or any part thereof in fear.
- The Seller means an agency or venue from whom the Customer has purchased a ticket and who has subscribed to the Secure My Booking Ticket Reimbursement Program.
- Ticket Holder means a person who holds a ticket purchased by a Customer and who can demonstrate that the Customer subscribed to the Ticket Reimbursement Program on their behalf in relation to that ticket.
- Ticket Price means the ticket price, booking fees and service fees and fulfilment costs as evidenced in the internet booking form or confirmation of ticket purchase excluding any charge applicable under the Secure My Booking Ticket Reimbursement Program.
- Valid Ticket means the issued ticket for the booked event, or the internet booking form, or issued documentation, which is for admission to the booked event, which are unused and not cancelled.
- Venue means the place(s) as detailed on the ticket purchased where the Event is to be held.
- Visa means an endorsement on a passport indicating that the holder is allowed to enter, leave, or stay for a specified period of time in a country
- Volcanic Ash Event is a phenomenon caused by the eruption of a volcano sending an ash cloud into the atmosphere.